Welcome to DEA-West Reads!
This website serves as a resource for students, parents, and teachers of David Ellis Academy-West. Please take a look around!
The Five Components of Reading
- Phonemic Awareness- recognizing and using individual sounds to create words
- Phonics- the relationship between written letters and spoken sounds
- Vocabulary- learning the meaning and pronunciation of words
- Fluency- the ability to read a text accurately and quickly
- Comprehension-acquiring strategies to understand, remember, and communicate what is read.